Tuesday 8 January 2019

Extended Practice: Statement of Intent

For this module, I plan to develop my practice on working with commercial briefs and projects. I intend to work towards set briefs; creating illustrations with a communicative purpose through design and advertising. Though, alongside these briefs and client-based projects, I also aim to create some self-initiated work to build and strengthen my portfolio. I decided to approach my practice through digital media and develop my image-making skills even further. I plan on continuing to explore moving-images and gifs, which is something I am generally comfortable with and enjoy using. I am also considering animation or video making, perhaps through collaborative projects with other disciplines. This is something I am genuinely interested in, being able to work with other people and creative individuals. I personally think that I work best with solving problems and briefs as well as working towards the clients' needs. Since I intend on focusing on working with live briefs or client-based work, most of my investigation and contextual references would include company research, client background and the target audience, consumers. I am not too confident with writing my own briefs, though I would be more productive if someone would direct me. Though I would also set aside some smaller self-initiated projects, simply for creating art for the sake of it. This would provide some space where the work created are derived from personal interest and enjoyment. It would also showcase my identity as a creative practitioner. In terms of documentation, I would use sketchbooks for my roughs and designs as well as the blog to reflect and evaluate throughout the process. I will dedicate the first week to research and work with one project at a time. I allocated longer time for larger projects such as the D&AD briefs, since it would involve more research than the other projects. Also the more time given towards this project would allow room for crafting. Whereas the self-initiated projects and some smaller client briefs may not require as much production time. However, I expect some projects to overlap if it would deem effective towards the production of the projects.
List of Projects: 

Live Briefs

- D&AD: John Lewis, Heinz
- Student Design Award: Haruki Murakami book cover

Client Brief/Commission 

- Start Me Up: Branding 
Collaborative animated short

Self-Initiated

- Line Stickers 

No comments:

Post a Comment