Saturday 2 February 2019

Hustle

I got commissioned by a start up company to design a character for their brand, which would then be applied to their merchandise. 

Overall Thought: projects with quick turnovers, fun but mentally draining. As the process of creating and the duration given is short. I could not give myself time to plan out and thoroughly research.






Roughs I sent over to my client.
Working with color and texture now.
Worked with the monkey character they had
Redesigned it























I was quite skeptical about working with my client because I they never worked with an illustrator before. I am quite happy with the fact that they left most of the creative decisions to me and I had a bit more control over the designs. 

I am however, challenged by the fact that I am working remotely, so communication (through email) is a bit tricky as I could not see if they have looked at the email and responses were quite slow. I would often not get a response within a week  -at times I had to be the one to reach out.

No comments:

Post a Comment