Sunday 25 September 2016

TESTING AND DEVELOPMENT 




Material Testing

I had thought of using cardboard and create a medium size box. The initial idea was to fill a box with various colored papers and illustrations to represent an 'overwhelmed' mind. That was when I realized my idea might be impractical. I tested the structure by adding smaller pieces of cardboard and paper, though it didn't seem to come together. 


Experimenting with paper

Along the way, I had a moment of contemplation. I felt that the first design didn't communicate the concept of overwhelmingness as powerfully as I initially thought. Thus I decided to work around my materials (paper folding/engineering) and play around with shapes instead. 


Sample design

I decided to simplify the design and concentrated more on emphasizing the underlying message. Instead of using completely new materials, I had deliberately re-used the my initial illustrations and flyers from the Freshers week.




Photograph testing (lighting/framing)

This was roughly how my mask would look like. I experimented around with the lighting and posture as I thought that the final photograph would help accentuate the message I am trying to convey about myself. I was aiming for a rather morose or dramatic atmosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment