Thursday 15 March 2018

INDUSTRY RESEARCH





  • I particularly looked into the merchandising and branding side, which is something I am interested in after researching into this industry. What I noticed is that it is quite audience/client driven as it generally caters to the consumers. Thinking about the design for any packaging or retail is essential for giving the product/company an identity as well as make things look appealing to the market. 
  • In a sense, packaging and retail is a combination between art enthusiasm and perhaps general business knowledge. It is a very broad area as it covers a range of applying illustration, from homeware to beer bottle labels. This is rather a new market to me that I never really ventured into. But it is a possible platform to showcase illustrations.
  • I never envisioned my work applied to packaging, merchandising or retail and I personally think that it would be an interesting change. I may or may not enjoy it, but it is something I need to explore further.

No comments:

Post a Comment