Friday 12 January 2018

MOVING PICTURES - Reflective Piece

With the set prints and images, this particular brief wasn't too difficult to approach since I simply reused the prints and animated a few things. It was an interesting experience since it was my first time using After Effects as I am already quite accustomed to film editing with Premiere Pro. The concept of animating with AE isn't too foreign. However, animating an illustration is completely new to me. I realized that the mechanism is similar to a GIF, but slightly different. 
Improvement? I felt that I should have experimented with a simpler movement, such as a scrolling animation. Perhaps it wouldn't feel as crowded? Though I do hope the main idea of a journey was successfully communicated. Initially the idea was quite complicated and I was having a few difficulties figuring out how to animate that particular scene. That was when I thought that simplifying it was the only solution and that it should be enough to coherently convey the message. 
If I were to have the opportunity, I would try and apply animation or GIFS into my practice since I enjoy the process of designing illustrations with a narrative. Also having movement in my illustrations somehow brings them to life -adds dynamic even with minimal animation. Being able to animate illustrations is a useful skill to learn since it might be helpful when creating work for an online content or digital platform which is starting to become common (the future is here).

No comments:

Post a Comment