Wednesday 24 April 2019

Art References


Based my illustrations on photographs I took when I was back home in Indonesia. I wouldn't exactly consider this a reportage work, however, the content of the illustrations are all based on my experience as well as the people around me.


Yogyakarta, Indonesia - Netflix Documentary: Street Food
Jajan Pasar Moderen - Modern sweet street food

I realized my tone of voice is strongly drawn from my culture in terms of everything inspired by nature such as clothes, food etc. (lots of colors, greens, blue and earthy tones). Even our food tends to be very colorful. The modern sweet street food are often colorful because they are usually for celebrations. 

I am constantly surrounded by color and it's vibrance somehow draws me in 

No comments:

Post a Comment