Sunday 28 April 2019

What Next?


Sample sketches. Might turn the small 
illustrations into stickers.
Initial (colored) designs for stickers

Tried to apply my rooster character to a ceramic figurine

I've created several designs, though I think that my next step is trying to communicate the context of my work. I think I might need some text to accompany my illustrations. For instance, I designed these particular pages: 

Real headlines on our local newspapers
"Pabrik/Factory" - I wanted to address
issues about our education system.
It is like a prison for being told what to do
and not allowed to question the authority.























"Dilarang Orang LGBT Masuk Komplek" - "Anyone from the LGBT community are not allowed in this housing complex/neighborhood" 

This is a banner that I saw hung over the entrance into a neighborhood close to my house and I thought it was ridiculous. Seeing that some parts of my society are still conservative about these things.

Sometimes, growing up, I feel like a robot. Everyday, going to school, being talked at, learning for hours at school and after just to meet our parent's expectations and dreams. In some families, children were not able to speak their mind

No comments:

Post a Comment