Monday 19 December 2016

TELL AN UNTOLD STORY PT 1 - More field trips and exploring


Manchester Museum (The University of Manchester)








Corals and shells exhibit - Manchester Museum

Thoughts
  • A friend took me around the museum and we had a small discussion whilst we were walking around the animal exhibit. She mentioned a few things that I thought would be helpful for this project. I discussed how I would like to focus on corals and she suggested that I could look at corals used for human consumption (jewellery, minerals etc) as well as how climate change has impacted them and the animals living in it negatively 

  • Perhaps the things I need to focus on now is to experiment and explore the visual aspect of it (how it would look like, material testing and so on). 

  • During the mega crit, someone suggested that I could try to look at texture, pattern and colour in corals. I think that it was something I'd be sure to explore. Though still need to decide what I'd like to convey from this research. So far, I've been thinking about simply illustrating the beauty of corals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment