Wednesday 28 December 2016

TELL AN UNTOLD STORY PT 1 - Experimenting





That's a tree. 

A little sketching. Thought that the trees looked like those
sea fan corals (Alcyonacea) -
Fun fact! They are actually animals.
Tried using a dishwashing sponge (The only thing I found)


I honestly wasn't sure where I was going with this. I was actually
thinking about creating patterns out of the characteristics of a coral
(may have gotten bored of creating single corals)

Did more tests with sponges (I really like the texture it creates!) and
a few stamp/patterns (inspired by the previous experiment)

I decided to create something with a context (?) to it.
Perhaps it was because of what I friend had mentioned
to me about corals. (being used for human resources etc)


Thoughts
  • I may have a clearer idea on where I am going with this brief. I initially wanted to work around the idea of simply admiring and welcoming the beauty of nature, in this case the coral reef. Perhaps it was because of a feedback given to me about exploring shape, texture (to which I actually didn't think about)
  • Creating these little zines and tests, I found out that I quite liked creating simple shapes, mark making, textures and patterns (?). Perhaps I could incorporate it into this project? And I would try out collaging actually. 
  • Another idea I have in mind was incorporating the idea of corals are exploited for human purposes and that now it is not simply a fleeting beauty, but a broken home (we are the main cause of its deteriorated state, actually)


No comments:

Post a Comment