Tuesday 10 January 2017

TELL AN UNTOLD STORY PT.2 - Inspirations

In response to the 'action plan' I previously played, there were a few things that I have decided and wanted to look more into.  

Artists I have been looking at: 

Alessandro Sanna - The River

I would say that I was greatly influenced/inspired by his work (The River) in particular. Perhaps it was how he was able to capture the feeling, emotion and atmosphere through simple illustrations. Also it is simply interesting to see that there were no words needed, as the images speaks for themselves.



Milica Golubovic

I have also been looking into her work. Her practice mainly revolve around nature, sea life and dreams (as seen from the surreal shapes and colours). Though there is something about her line work, colours, shapes and texture. Particularly, her concertina book '36 Mountains', I simply love how she had used simple shapes and lines to convey natural elements/characters (even though they are ambiguous and not representational)

'Mambo'

Similar to Milica Golubovic, the work revolves around shape, colour and collages. Despite the ambiguity, as an audience, I quite like the idea of trying to make sense and actually 'reading' into the work. I would honestly say that these collages don't mean much, though there is this charm in the colour, shape and pattern combination that is visually aesthetic and narrative (?)

Atelier Bingo

SCOTT MCCLOUD - Understanding Comics (1993). I'd also like to look into his book as I think that I would like to put short comics or panels that could visually narrate the meaning/message of my book. Though the idea of a short comic (just imagery, perhaps a short sentence) is still needed to be explored further.

No comments:

Post a Comment