Monday 30 January 2017

COMPOSITION & FRAMING!! (not so easy stuff)

Prompts: Forest, Pilot, Bag full of random things

Thoughts

  • I would honestly say that these past sessions were the most relatable towards my practice. Creating good and effective composition is actually a lot harder than I originally had thought. Now I have been more conscious on how I would lay out my work.
  • It still took me some time to plan out which composition would help communicate the message and tone of the image. I personally thought that it was quite difficult and there were several times where I would not like one design and throw it away. 
1
2


3
4





  • I quite like this attempt in framing and working with three random prompts. Initially I wasn't sure if this counted, since it wasn't a literal butterfly and an elephant. Though personally I didn't like how it would seem strange to put a person, a butterfly and an elephant together. I suppose I flipped the brief since we were just told to draw an elephant, a butterfly and a person in general.
  • I originally thought of keeping the elephant's face blank, though Matt suggested to put eyes on them. And somehow the whole image changes. Even the slightest difference in the position of the eyes seem to change it. I suppose the eyes (contrasts greatly against the black) draws immediate attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment