Saturday 14 January 2017

TELL AN UNTOLD STORY PT 2 - :( 

Just as the heading says, I am not too satisfied by the outcome of the exploration this past week. Although I think that I would like to focus on the idea of the threatened sea-life.

My attempt in working digitally
  • I did try working with Photoshop, was I amazing at it? No. Though I quite like how I was able to tweak with the composition, saturation and that I could digitally illustrate certain elements (in more detail) such as the human silhouettes.
  • I never considered that it would work well. I might actually incorporate digitally illustrating details for the other spreads, since paper-cutting or painting wouldn't capture the details as prominently.

Swatches
  • I have tried initially creating swatches before moving into the mock-up pages for the book. I thought that it was quite helpful to let my initial ideas drawn out and approach the subject matter in a different way. 
  • I quite like the non-representational approach as it makes the audience try to read into these imagery. Though I honestly don't know how i would get this to work? Connect?




  • I quite like this page, though I honestly think that it doesn't flow along with the whole concept of the underwater life. I might need to re-think this one through. 




Panels! Short comics (?)

  • I honestly enjoy creating small panels of stories or scenes. I suppose I may have grown attached to this idea, as it seem to be recurring throughout the designs I sketched up. Somehow the idea of capturing small moments and produce a narrative as a whole is what interests me about comic strips.
  • Though I personally think that I shouldn't over-complicate the content.


No comments:

Post a Comment