Wednesday 18 January 2017

TELL AN UNTOLD STORY PT 2 - Why did I not come across them before? (another inspirations post)



Birchfield Close - Jon Mcnaught

  • I really like the sense of quietness in his work. Despite the rather mundane story behind his short comics, somehow it's charming. The very slow movements and sequences is perhaps what makes it interesting (to me.)
Understanding Comics - Scott McCloud 
(it's a very interesting comic book about comics)
  • I briefly read through this book, hoping to understand more about comics since now I plan on creating short comic strips. 
  • I didn't exactly use much from this book as it mainly introduces what comics are and so on (not too relevant with what I am doing since I am not exactly creating a full story with dialogues etc). It was insightful and I learned new things about comics and what it really is! Other than that, though I suppose it was helpful in terms of getting to know how the panels and sequences are used (such as the section below)

Chapter 3 - Blood in the gutter



Grand Budapest Hotel, a Wes Anderson film

  • I would say that this was one of my favourite films in terms of cinematography. Though I hadn't thought of it in a way that this film seem to capture simple sequences or moments. It is also somewhat fragmented, though more towards still moments. 
  • I thought that it was something I might look into when creating my picture book. Though I think that I should be selective of the moments that I would like to capture per frame of the panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment