Thursday 19 January 2017

TELL AN UNTOLD STORY PT 2 - more development (and a lot of screenshots)







I went back to the clips I had of the fishes. I took screenshots of Nemos. 

Just to help me visualise the movement.

  • I had to go through the videos and photographs I took during the research/fieldtrip to Hull to study the movement and subtle, yet striking moments. It was those moments where you could miss it even when you blink and it was only by pausing per frame of the video to capture that fleeting feeling. (I nearly ran out of patience)

Cover page. Title or no title?

  • I thought of keeping the cut-out concept for the front cover page. I wanted to keep the feeling of 'looking into an aquarium' and the idea of fragility of nature (?) I just need to think of how I would print it out and not rip it the moment I cut it out.
Too crowded?
Too empty?





















  • After the OUIL404 seminars I may have become fussy and sensitive (a lack of a better term) towards composition. I quite like how I could shift around the cut-outs and see which composition works. Though for this particular page, somehow it seems to lack something. Perhaps it's because of the white space around it?

Making more roughs for the small panels.





  • It was quite difficult to capture the details with gouache. I may actually digitally paint the details for most of the pages (if necessary). Though other than that, I think I am quite happy with where this picture book is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment