Wednesday 1 May 2019

Self-Initiated: Digital Portfolio


Made gifs of selected illustrations (I will never get tired of gifs.)


Art book - 
Setting the illustrations in a publication format seems to work well and is 
visually more coherent. (a proposed layout)

I altered the initial brief (Link) slightly as I wanted to talk about the youth in a broader sense and the final outcome slightly changed from small trinkets to a full book. My only concern about this project is whether the illustrations alone will effectively communicate the content. I have thought about adding text in some of the pages, however I quite like how it turns out untouched and left alone, letting the pictures speak for itself. I wanted people to experience more of the feeling and tone as they go through the pages. 

 I personally don't want to simply create pretty pictures, but I want to tell a story, to educate people about things that are often overlooked and glossed over for tourists. I wanted to show my country through a local lense/perspective. I also wanted to express the mundanity of life, despite being from a completely different country and culture, we are all people, who live our lives like everybody else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment