Saturday 12 November 2016

END OF MODULE EVALUATION




End of Module Student Evaluation
BA(hons) Illustration
Module Code: Visual Skills OUIL403

Name: Diandra Wardhana
Student ID: 262485

Please identify where the evidence for each of the learning outcomes is within your submission and how well you feel you have met the learning outcomes. Please also grade yourself in relation to the learning outcomes using terms:
> poor, satisfactory, good, very good, excellent (Note- This is so that the team have an understanding of how well you feel you have done. It is not an indication of the actual grade you may receive)

Learning Outcome
Evidenced where?
Blog, Sketchbook, Roughs Final Illustrations, development sheets etc.  (No more than 75 words)
Your grade
Using words:
> poor, satisfactory, good, very good, excellent
4A4 
Demonstrate an awareness of practical and conceptual concerns within the context of visual investigation and visual thinking.
(Knowledge & Understanding - Research and Critical Awareness)

Blog, Sketchbooks, Roughs
Good
4B3
Explore a range of approaches to the generation and investigation of ideas in the development of solutions to set problems.
(Cognitive Skills - Problem Analysis, Problem Solving)

Sketchbooks, Roughs, Development sheets (idea sheets)
Good
4C3
Visually explore ideas through the selection of appropriate methods, processes and media in response to set briefs.
(Practical Skills - Technical Competence and Practical Development)

Sketchbook, Roughs, Prototypes
Satisfactory
4C4
Demonstrate a practical investigation of visual thinking, visual research and visual development.
(Practical Skills - Visual Quality and Conceptual Development)

Sketchbook, Blog, Final Illustrations
Good
4D3
Document and record critical awareness, evaluation and self-reflection in response to their own work and the work of others.
(Key Transferable Skills - Organisation, Communication and Evaluation)

Blog, Sketchbook
Good


Evaluation (See guidance below for more information)
You are required to write a 500 words evaluation of this module.

The moment I completed this module, I had one particular thought in mind: I wish I could have done more. After gathering everything and seeing all three projects compiled there were instances where I thought ‘I could have fixed that’ or ‘I could have tested and developed more on these’. Generally speaking, in terms of experimenting with media and processes, I felt that I wasn’t as willing as I thought when it came to pushing ideas further. One thing I would honestly tell myself then was: what else?

However, I did feel content with the ideas and concepts I came up with for each briefs. I quite enjoy developing ideas despite it being challenging sometimes. I felt that I had unintentionally been working around obscure concepts, which tend to be very open to interpretation and it would depend on how I would approach it. Though I quite like the whole process of thinking and creating roughs, develop them further and see how much it evolves. I also thought that sketching these ideas down made it easier in terms of further developing them.

There were sessions that I particularly enjoyed, such as the feedbacks and group critiques. I thought that was rather enlightening as I get to hear people’s opinions and thoughts, aside from my own and those who often sits next to me in the studio. I do count everyone’s opinions as they often made me reflect upon the work I had done so far, whether I could change or improve anything. Apart from the sessions, I quite enjoy blogging. I often use it to evaluate my ongoing work as I could express and communicate my thoughts better through writing rather than speaking. I would also advise myself to make the most out of my studio development time to actually develop and experiment.

I could personally say that I have improved since the first studio brief. I suppose it was more of subtle improvements, such as how I approached the briefs and actually discovering abilities that I never knew I had in me. I started to realize that I quite like well-crafted work. I suppose it was a subconscious thing as I particularly pay attention in how it would look and the attention I put in each detail would be thought through. I honestly think that I am quite a meticulous person. I feel that I should loosen up and not be afraid of taking risks as well as trying things out, even if it fails or succeed. I still wish I could have taken more time developing, experimenting and create prototypes before committing to the final illustrations. I personally think that the final outcomes for each brief seemed similar in its process and tone of voice. Hence, for the upcoming modules and projects, perhaps I should be more critical of my work, spend time with it and simply to not be afraid of testing and trying new things outside my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment