Wednesday 9 November 2016

JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER WEEK 2 - DEVELOPMENT


Sardines
  • I thought of stamping so the sardines would look uniformed, but it would only capture the silhouette and shape.
  • I am leaning towards paper cutting and ink since I could get more defined and clear lines. Then again, I'm not entirely sure whether I want to have sardines on the cover. Perhaps I could put them on the flaps instead. 

Books/library(?)

A more minimalistic approach
  • I honestly think that the two other concepts are more relevant to the content of the book as a whole. 
  • I quite like the minimalistic design, though it doesn't quite clearly visually communicate the concept of the book (?) Perhaps I may tweak around the illustrations or use more universal symbols? The concept is rather abstract in terms of having a collection of experiences (my initial idea). I am not entirely sure whether I want to go forward with this idea. 
  • Though I might want to still work around the idea of having a 'collection of things'   

No comments:

Post a Comment