Tuesday 15 November 2016

SHAPES & TEXTURE!


Coconuts?

Thoughts

  • After this session, I think that I have been considering and became more aware of shapes and texture. I have actually come to enjoy using shapes and utilise simplicity (let the image speak for itself)
  • I particularly liked the first coconut, it's very simple and minimal, though it's drowned in the white background. I tried another approach, which looks much more prominent. I thought that when it comes to simplicity in shapes I need to consider the whole composition and what elements to take away or alter.


Self-portrait



My attempt in creating a minimalistic self-portrait
(quite happy about it actually)

Thoughts
  • It was quite an interesting experience. What I noticed is that I really liked working with the idea of simplicity
  • I honestly have to say that collaging isn't exactly my cup of tea, though I enjoyed the loose process and also carefully thinking of the shapes, where to put things and representing something in a rather vague way (and not an exact representation)

No comments:

Post a Comment