Monday 17 October 2016

ILLUMINATION WEEK 1 - EXCITED? MAYBE. 


We were just introduced to our second brief: editorial illustration! Excited? Perhaps, to a certain extent. The article I was given revolves around the society and empathy, with a little bit of human psychology. 

To start off the project, we had a little game of articulating a word with drawings. I happened to get the word 'break'. So the first thing that I could think of was literally 'broken things' then it altered to summer breaks, heart breaks, coffee breaks etc. 





Thoughts

  • I may have made drawings that were scenes and literal images of the word. I could have tried to go for symbols. This task reminded me of a lecture we had regarding visual memory and semiotics. I suppose some people tend to grasp visuals quickly especially towards universal signs and symbols.  
  • The article I was assigned to was rather information heavy, but it was an interesting topic (which I am excited about).
  • My only concern is visually interpreting the content of the article. I may have only been thinking of literal images in my mind, which perhaps may have cornered me into a wall. Though I think that I should make roughs, be it bad ideas or spectacular ones. 
  • Another concern that I am worried about is what if the illustration I made wouldn't make sense? Then again, I'll have to explore and plan first before actually thinking of the outcome. I'll get back to this later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment