Tuesday 25 October 2016

ILLUMINATION WEEK 2 - IDEAS


Chosen roughs for the final pieces



Rough sketches

Thoughts

  • I started off with several designs, a few I didn't quite feel was 'right' or suits the article (either I overcomplicated the design or that it the imagery I chose didn't effectively communicate the concept). Basically, I was rather stuck. 
  • Though, fortunately I got to talk to Jaime about the roughs and somewhat helped me sort out which might be interesting to develop further. A constructive feedback I thought was very insightful was to not be afraid of ambiguity and a 'poetic' approach would be interesting. 
  • A few concepts I had in mind involved the idea of 'safety of our homes', looking outward into the world and giving away empathy. I'm still quite unsure on how to further develop this. Perhaps I'd look into more simplistic and metaphorical approaches 


Plan (Note to self)

  • Concept/image
  • Composition
  • Think of colour scheme/palette
  • Size and layout (square, portrait or landscape)



No comments:

Post a Comment