Sunday 30 October 2016

ILLUMINATION WEEK 2 - The final outcomes


Final illustrations

Thoughts
  • I actually have mixed feelings about the final outcome. However, I generally like the colours as it seem to link all three illustrations together despite the completely different content. 
  • I ended up using ink and gouache. I thought that I made the right decision since it gave bolder and more solid colours as well as it defines the shapes
  • The overall outcome is simpler than I thought, which I didn't mind since it articulates the idea better (despite it being rather obscure). My initial roughs were quite overcomplicated and somehow muddles the whole visual concept with unnecessary details. 
  • Perhaps for the window illustration, I may have kept the scenery simpler as I feel that a lot is going on in that particular area




No comments:

Post a Comment