Tuesday 4 October 2016

TYPOLOGY POSTER WEEK I - 100 IDEAS?!?


Brief

  • Create a a poster based on a title "How to..."
  • Should contain 24 pieces 
  • Monochromatic 
  • A2 portrait
Task 1
  • Draw images or ideas according to the given title (minimum of 100 responses)

"HOW TO DISAPPEAR"

Challenges


  • I thought that the title itself was rather challenging. I think that the theme 'disappear' was rather broad and was very open to interpretation.
  • Initially, my ideas were rather literal and too generic (?) 
  • I thought that it was quite difficult to come up with 100 ideas/images. Though after talking to Jamie, he suggested that I chose certain 'themes' or concepts and further develop those ideas
Things I learned 

  • During the brief group crit and feedback, I thought what was rather insightful was to try out different media and perhaps listing down my ideas then draw from them. It was worth noting. 
  • Looking at other people's works, there was one system that the student had used that I thought was interesting. That person had maintained one main object (a character), replicating it over and over though with slight variations/environment around it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment