Monday 10 October 2016

TYPOLOGY POSTER WEEK 2 - Ideas. Ideas. Ideas. My Brain Hurts. 


Main Ideas (so far)?






Disguise/Disappear from society: I initially thought of generic concepts of 'how to disappear' for instance, using magic, disappearing into black holes, using disguises etc. I wasn't sure where I was going with these ideas, but eventually I decided to focus on a particular concept. Thus, I simply made various types of masks. (?) 






Disappear from the world: I was slowly running out of ideas. Though I quite like the method of consistency and began drawing simple human (stick) figures in different locations. I wanted to convey the idea of running away by travelling as far as possible into complete isolation. 

Erasing characters (?): It was initially a spontaneous idea, something that suddenly popped into my head when I was erasing some sketches. I thought that 'erasing' someone's identity/existence would still be considered as disappearing. 




Disappearing from the internet: I didn't develop the concept further as I thought that it would be rather difficult to convey through a typology. I felt that I could have tried to develop more ideas from it even though I might not go for this concept.


By the time I neared 100 ideas, I couldn't think of anymore new concepts or possibilities in response to the title. Though I thought that I might as well explore different materials in order to convey my ideas. Perhaps something interesting would come up.


Feedback

Common comments and feedbacks that I had been given were roughly on the variety of materials/media used and experimented on. 

After discussing about my work and challenges with a few people, I caught on comments such as refining my ideas or explore the use of symbols and approaching the concept in a less literal sense. 


The next step? 

  • I would refine my ideas. Decide on which concept to exploit. The only setback I have regarding the disguise concept is that with 24 similar illustrations, it might feel repetitive and lose the appeal. 
  • Create roughs and explore media (e.g fine liners or paper cutting) as well as the overall layout. I would most likely make several A4 sheets of the poster drafts.
  • I would also look at colours, which would effectively communicate the concept and tone.



No comments:

Post a Comment