Wednesday 12 October 2016

DRAWING FROM REFERENCE 

The visual subject that I decided to go for were mountains, volcanoes and geology. 





Mountains. Mountains and more mountains.

Thoughts

  • I find this task very therapeutic and engaging. I quite like the formation and shapes, the curves and lines of mountains and volcanoes. 
  • I actually drew from one source over and over, trying out different materials and composition. Actually the more I drew, the more I was unsure of what I was creating. Perhaps it was because when I further explored various things it got more and more obscure. But I quite like the idea of getting lost in my own drawings and see it evolve


Rock formations







My attempt at drawing rocks/stones.

  • I was growing tired of drawing off of a book reference. So I went to look at rock structures. It may have been sculpted and lost its original form, though wanted to capture the rugged shape and texture.
  • Though I didn't really capture the shape and texture that well. I could have tried different media/techniques and make a simple rock look interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment