Wednesday 22 February 2017

Adobe Illustrator Workshop!


Tonari no Totoro - My Neighbour Totoro
(Illustrator practice)


Thoughts

  • My worries about working with Illustrator for the new brief reduced (yay!) as I pretty much got the gist of using it. I initially had misconceptions and felt strongly about not liking Illustrator as it only allows vectors -I take my words back.
  • It took me a while to get my head around the software, though generally I feel much more comfortable working with it. I am not as anxious as I had been when we were told that we could only use Illustrator to create the sticker.
  • In terms of creating concise and minimal aesthetics, Illustrator does a good job of it. In a sense it has benefits in terms of creating symmetrical, simple and graphic design-like illustrations. I might not use this software often, however for future reference, Illustrator is where I would go if I wanted to work with colours, shapes and precision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment