Monday 27 February 2017

ACTS OF KINDNESS - Background Research Continued... 



I wasn't sure what this was. I just made simple
shapes
enjoy their smile 





















familial love

  • These were initial ideas from different concepts. I thought that the concept behind these stickers were quite generic. The content wasn't as interesting as I hoped it would be and I lost interest in them. 
  • Knowing that we would only be working with Illustrator, I have been fixated in created simple and shape-based illustrations. I honestly think that this particular requirement is hard in terms of having to communicate certain ideas through simple, clear images.

Further research
"What defines success?" 

- is it wealth? happiness?
- are there priceless things?

"Get Rich, Be Happy" - humanity's problems can be solved by the attainment of universal material prosperity (modern society's ideology)

"...consumption is considered more important than creative activity." - Joseph Pearce. 

- consumer psychology (consumerist and capitalist culture
- humans are social beings, we have a need to belong (conformity

"What motivates people to change their attitudes?" 

Solutions!

- motivation
- raise self-confidence/believe in yourself 
- try not to be too indulged in society/trends and other people's reactions/opinions 


Thoughts

  • I feel that I would be personally invested in this particular concept as it was something I could relate to (feeling slight pressure from being surrounded by modern society/ideology and the digital culture). I would now focus on thinking of short phrases or words that I would like to communicate to help emphasise the imagery.
  • I roughly grasped the gist of what I would like to convey within my sticker. However, my current concern is how I would communicate these ideas in a simple, visual design. I might need to consider common imagery or symbols in which the general public would understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment