Monday 13 February 2017

I SEE FACES - Sketchbook work/planning



Initial plan
I quite like the solid colours, but the
expression seems repetitive
The fluid/vibrant patterns work well. Wasn't
sure if I would include faces or not. Do I really
need them?






















less is more (?) Don't overcomplicate
the expression

Thoughts

  • I reviewed my initial character designs and I may have overlooked one of it, in which I thought could evolve further. I thought of incorporating the same rock character with a simple face, but I would perhaps explore with much more vibrant and energetic colours and patterns
  • I might still need to think about the patterns. With the movement and all would it be too crowded? Need to consider where I am going with my intention: playful/energetic or earthy/contemporary.  
  • Thinking back to African colours and Southeast Asian statues, I might actually want to further explore that area since it gives off a similar tone as to what I have in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment