Sunday 19 February 2017

I SEE FACES - 3D GIFs!


Bloom




added more movement on Photoshop

  • Honestly it was quite difficult manually changing and taking pictures of each movement. The only issue I was was that the main still-object gets moved slightly each time I add something. It's not seen as separate images, however when I combined it, I could see the shifting movement
  • I thought that lighting was an issue, it kept changing with every picture I took. It doesn't drastically change the character and the GIF, however, it isn't exactly pleasing to look (not uniformed/distracting).
  • Though I feel that this GIF has more intent to it. I had thought of something inanimate (such as a rock) could sprout plants and bloom, which is peculiar and purely based on imaginations. Though this burst of oddity/strangeness is what I grasped from the  mood of the song



  • It looks a lot better pieced together as a GIF and looped in comparison to seeing it as separate photographs. I was actually worried that the frames wouldn't fit together as I took these in a stop-motion method (there might be slight movements in the character's position). However I had a make-shift tripod for my phone and it helped stabilise it.
A more 'trippy' gif

  • I thought of reusing the previous GIF and changed the composition/movement slightly. I was thinking of making a moving pattern as I thought that if it were just the character, it seemed quite dull and there wasn't much 'content' to it.
  • While I was creating this GIF I thought of the 'oohs' and 'aah' sounds from Don Cherry's song (and partially inspired by Yuichi Yokoyama). I would have inserted some sound as it would help emphasise the context.

playing around with some photos 
and turned it into a gif
  • This wasn't intended, though my sister took a picture of me drinking from the can (I didn't empty out the can when I was making my character). I thought it was interesting and painted each frame on photoshop to look as if I was drinking some concoction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment