Saturday 18 February 2017

I SEE FACES - Totem pole or rock? (development)


Camera burst
  • I tried out the 'burst' on my phone and it was helpful to some degree. It helps with taking multiple frames as it moves. Though it doesn't really work with my gif in particular since the movement couldn't be taken in one shot. It was more effective to move it manually and individually photographing them (even though it's time consuming and some inaccuracies can occur)
I wanted to go for the earthy/world-like atmosphere


  • In terms of its character I tweaked it slightly in terms of its design (it's still meant to be a rock). Though I felt that the playfulness and energetic atmosphere wasn't vividly conveyed through the character well. However, it's quite earthy/world-like in terms of the material used and the patterns. 
  • I might need to consider the background colour and whether I want to add smaller characters or subjects.

YUICHI YOKOYAMA
My sister actually referred me to this Japanese artist. She had said that my characters looks like his work, bizarre looking. (Thank you?)

New Engineering - Yuichi Yokoyama

sound word (fallen paper): 'bira bira bira'
sound word (door open?): 'paka'
sound word (moving mechanic object): 'gacha'

  • I honestly thought this was a really interesting Japanese comic. Thinking about it again, I could see a resemblance with my character design. There is this similarity in simplicity, monotonous expression and vibrant colours (and just strange-looking characters)
  • Though what caught my attention in particular was that the comic didn't have any dialogue. However it focuses on the movement/action and it is sound based. It was something I planned on incorporating in my gif (even though there won't be any sound attached to it)

No comments:

Post a Comment