Thursday 2 February 2017

I SEE FACES  - Strange song and even stranger characters

  • I wanted to look at earthy and world-like elements. After listening to the song a few times, the atmosphere and mood I have been getting are relatively positive, spiritually enlightening (?), contemporary, jazzy, hippie and so on. 














  • Somehow it made me think of aboriginal, aztec, lots of patterns and colours. I am still unsure on where this is going in terms of the character, though I want to focus on the elements and tone. 
  • This is still my initial idea, though I would like to go for a more earthy colour scheme and theme

Arts of Southeast Asia - Fiona Kerlogue

Strange Maluku statue (I actually have a
similar one in my backyard)
Indonesian Batik -
traditional patterns on fabric
Typical Balinese painting. Tropical trees,
huts and long-limbed humans






















  • I was also looking at my own culture since the song reminded me of my native culture. The song feels somewhat tropical? Very bright. Though looking at that strange statue, the simplicity and structure of the face reminds me of the faces I usually create whenever I draw human faces.  


Rough Designs

Now that I look over it again, this is a very
strange figure
Fashionable Buddha?



Rocks!

  • I quite like the simple designs and expressions. Though I think that I need to consider the action and movement as well as the intent of the GIF. I have been too focused on how the character would look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment