Sunday 5 March 2017

ACTS OF KINDNESS - More planning




wording/phrasing. still not right.

Castlefield Gallery - ...in Dark Times. Bex Isley

Thoughts

  • Recently, I visited the Castlefield Gallery and saw several interesting artworks. I thought that it was really helpful as the artworks shown reflected upon current society and the modern culture.
  • I have decided on using the pill/medication concept as it seem to work best in terms of communicating 'social pressure'. However, I might need to work on the composition. I am still conflicted between something patterned or a simple, yet clear shape. 
  • Though I feel that for this rather complex concept, something simple and concise would work best as it would be easier to understand (clarity).
  • Though my current worry is that with the simplicity and minimal design, I'm sure if what I am visually depicting is effective enough/thoroughly communicates the message. I honestly thought that this was the most frustrating challenge from this brief (visually communicating through just simple shapes is harder than I thought)

No comments:

Post a Comment