Tuesday 21 March 2017

Persons of note - more tests and paper cuts


more roughs
Quite like the brightness of the shapes.


roughs for the stamps + postcards
  • I am quite satisfied with how this is progressing. Though I didn't expect to go towards a more figurative direction (still unsure whether I would do so). I would say that I am quite fixed with the solid colours and patterns. I feel that it is most effective in terms of communicating an abstract concept (sounds).
  • I think that all I need to think about is composition and the intent of these imageries. Since it is quite conceptual/broad to a certain extent, it might be difficult to truly communicate sounds through shape? Perhaps text might help? or an action?

A2 - tests

A bit too crowded. Hard to focus on a
the main subject matter.
Tried focusing on one aspect. 





















  • First of all, A2 is bigger than I predicted since I have been making roughs on an A4 sketchbook. It is strange in a sense that enlarging my designs makes it look empty? I suppose it was quite challenging when I had to consider the use of space. It was either too crowded or empty.
  • Though I quite like the translucency and the combination between line work and solid shapes (they compliment each other/balances out). Though looking at it again, I might actually incorporate 'everyday sounds' and actions as that is what John Cage himself consider as music. I just need to consider how I would visually communicate this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment