Monday 13 March 2017

MONOPRINTING! - I made more than I intended to

























Thoughts

  • It was actually my first time creating monoprints and it was an amazing experience! I really enjoyed both the process and the results. I really liked the experimental process of it all. There is this joy of not being entirely certain of what the outcome would look like. It is also the lack of control we have on the final piece.
  • Though what I do like about screen printing more than monoprints are the concise and sharp/solid results. Though monoprints shows more texture and experimental marks on them. I suppose it was a good experience in terms of exploring simplicity and shapes to form illustrations.
  • Thinking about the Persons of Note project, I might want to use monoprint? Since I plan on doing something shape based -currently loving conceptual and shape based illustrations. Especially it suits Cage's practice, as we his very experimental!

No comments:

Post a Comment