Friday 24 March 2017

Persons of note - Development + testing


Hand modelling (trying to make a 'snapping'
gesture)

Trying out embroidery (not so neat)
  • I might actually incorporate embroidery as a motif for my final designs. I feel that aside from having a different texture, but also an element to link the separate imageries. As well as to symbolise 'strings' of a piano/instrument (as I wanted to focus on Cage's love for sounds and his distinct practice: the prepared piano)


More postcard designs.

Stamp tests
more tiny tests





















  • I was torn between keeping the stamps minimal and having it patterned. Though if I were to keep it minimalistic, it might be too conceptual? And if I were to add more symbols, especially different ones, it would be too confusing.
  • I might actually have the same patterns and sound-based shapes for the stamps. Even though it might be repetitive, it would make more sense and connect as a whole series.

Postcard designs. Wasn't sure if I
should have this or the stamps patterned?
  • Though there would be more space for the postcards and that I could put more detail into the postcards in comparison to the stamps (they are tiny!)
Composition time!

1
2


3
  • It's quite crowded at the moment and I haven't added the embroidery. Though I think I would take out some elements. I hope that the symbols/shapes would still make sense to audience. (hint: rain, fast, sharp sounds)

No comments:

Post a Comment