Friday 10 March 2017

Visual Language - York trip!




It was a really great day + trip. 



Some of my sketches

Thoughts


  •  I honestly think that observational drawing isn't a simple task. Though could I just say that there is something therapeutic about sitting and simply sketching whatever lies before you with no distraction whatsoever and direct all your attention to drawing.
  • I personally think that observational drawing is quite difficult, in terms of visually capturing the subject and I tend to always think of needing to draw something representational. However it is that moment when you have to decided whether some elements were necessary or if it's alright to leave out. What I thought I still lacked within my observational drawings are: 1. communicating the atmosphere/mood 2. my own town of voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment