Monday 6 March 2017

SYNECDOCHES? NEW BRIEF! 


Mountains - the logo for AQUA
quick roughs




















Did it after my favourite water? (we can't drink the tap water
in Indonesia
). The brand being -AQUA. It became a new word
when talking about water. For instance, if I go to a restaurant,
I would ask for AQUA (even if the brand was different) and not mineral water,
yet the waiters would understand me.

Thoughts

  • It was both an interesting and challenging task. It took me a while to actually get my head around the idea of synecdoches. Though after we were briefed on the new project, it made more sense.
  • I suppose it is quite challenging in terms of capturing/visually communicating an idea or a subject based on its elements and characteristics. I suppose generally, I still can't nail down the skill in effectively communicating through my designs. I have a lot to say or that it is quite content heavy, yet it doesn't show as an image/illustration (?)
  • With this upcoming brief, I am actually really excited about it and it feels like a full circle and being able to implement the things I have learnt
  • I would also look forward to more of the 'designing' and problem solving aspect of it, even as challenging as it is, I find that it is something essential in terms of creating work that isn't purely aesthetics but actually hold essence/meaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment